Surprising? Not to those of us in the know...
While reading John Podesta's article in the reading assignment, he writes: "The breath and the scope of the redaction of government information is astounding..... the federal aviation administration has removed data from its website on enforcement actions against air carriers...." Well, what are those enforcement actions? Some are security, some are airspace infractions, some are major, some are minor. What Podesta fails to mention is the fact that the air carriers rarely feel the effect of the silencing policy.
We, the little pilots of America, are the ones who are villified and made to deal with the media and the FAA. If a commercial airliner, on an instrument flight plan, strays into the ADIZ (Air Defense Initiation Zone) around Washington, DC, the pilot can take corrective action without having the air force up their butts. If I were to do that same thing, while on an instrument flight plan with my little cessna, I'd have F-16s dispatched, I'd be forced to land, interviewed by the FAA, FBI, Homeland Security, and other groups. How do I know this? Several newsworthy articles that vilify me and my plane as being "possible terrorists" 767's and 757's took out targets on Sept. 11th, not Cessnas. Why is the government being so selective with its secrets, which aren't secrets?
It's simple. The administration and its agencies failed miserably on 9/11. Its touted security and its control over aviation was lost that day. The airlines simply need to recover, and it leaves the little guy to get picked on. Its not just happening in aviation, its happening everywhere, as Podesta says. While most people dont care about the violations (which STILL do occur), they would rather see the little guy get vilified than the big guy. And trust me, those terrorists didnt need ground school to fly those planes, any person with a computer and a copy of Microsoft flight simulator can do it. I guess I should be proud to say: I'm one of 411,000 AOPA members who didnt get an aviation-related infraction today, and I'm also one of over 2,000,000 registered pilots in the US who hasn't committed an act of terrorism with my plane.....
We, the little pilots of America, are the ones who are villified and made to deal with the media and the FAA. If a commercial airliner, on an instrument flight plan, strays into the ADIZ (Air Defense Initiation Zone) around Washington, DC, the pilot can take corrective action without having the air force up their butts. If I were to do that same thing, while on an instrument flight plan with my little cessna, I'd have F-16s dispatched, I'd be forced to land, interviewed by the FAA, FBI, Homeland Security, and other groups. How do I know this? Several newsworthy articles that vilify me and my plane as being "possible terrorists" 767's and 757's took out targets on Sept. 11th, not Cessnas. Why is the government being so selective with its secrets, which aren't secrets?
It's simple. The administration and its agencies failed miserably on 9/11. Its touted security and its control over aviation was lost that day. The airlines simply need to recover, and it leaves the little guy to get picked on. Its not just happening in aviation, its happening everywhere, as Podesta says. While most people dont care about the violations (which STILL do occur), they would rather see the little guy get vilified than the big guy. And trust me, those terrorists didnt need ground school to fly those planes, any person with a computer and a copy of Microsoft flight simulator can do it. I guess I should be proud to say: I'm one of 411,000 AOPA members who didnt get an aviation-related infraction today, and I'm also one of over 2,000,000 registered pilots in the US who hasn't committed an act of terrorism with my plane.....

1 Comments:
Ian,
This is interesting, although it's not totally clear why the little guy gets picked on. Try to stick to the argument and not let your emotions run too strong in writing these posts.
2
Ierakstīt komentāru
<< Home